I am a development economist and a postdoctoral researcher at the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, working on impact evaluations of peacebuilding and development programmes in low- and middle-income countries. I conducted field work in Kyrgyzstan and Burkina Faso. Currently, I work on two large impact evaluations of peacebuilding programmes in Kyrgyzstan and a Panel Study Life in Kyrgyzstan (2010-2016).
I received my PhD at the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva under mentoring of Professor Jean-Louis Arcand in 2013. During my PhD I worked for the World Bank Development Impact Evaluation Initiative as a consultant on the impact evaluation of the community monitoring in health and school facilities in Burkina Faso.
My research interests span from political economy (e.g. African pre-colonial development and the impact of Soviet policies on contemporary Russian development) to health, education and environment.
I am also a research affiliate at the International Security and Development Center in Berlin headed by Professor Tilman Brück.
Impact evaluations, ethnic diversity, child health, intrahousehold bargaining, social capital, colonialism, Soviet deportations, peace education, weather shocks.
- Jyotsna Puri, Anastasia Aladysheva, Vegard Iversen, Yashodhan Ghorpade & Tilman Brück (2017) “Can rigorous impact evaluations improve humanitarian assistance?“, Journal of Development Effectiveness, 9:4, 519-542.
- Aladysheva, Anastasia and Gulzhan Asylbek kyzy (2016). “The impact of crisis response: the Nepal earthquake” SIPRI Yearbook 2016: Armaments, Disarmament and International Security (Oxford University Press: Oxford).
- Aladysheva, A, Kyzy, GA, Brück,T, Esenaliev,D, Karabaeva,J, Leung,W and Nillesen, E, 2017. Impact evaluation of the Livingsidebyside peacebuilding educational programme in Kyrgyzstan, 3ie Grantee Final Report. New Delhi: International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie).
- “Social Cohesion through Community-based Development Project“, SIPRI and UCA Working Paper No.34, 2016.
- Aladysheva, Anastasia, Marina Caparini, and Gary Milante. 2018. Policy Impact Assessment Report on the Building Integrity Programme. SIPRI-NATO report.